Wednesday, April 6, 2016

WHW: Hot Mess

Ya'lllllllllllllll .. today is day 3 of in-home childcare and the only silver lining in this is that I said day 3...meaning I've survived 2 previous days. Ok, maybe I'm being a tad dramatic but this has definitely been an adjustment. Day 1 I only had one extra 7 month old but yesterday I had the whole sh-bang. A 2 year old boy, a 3 month old girl and a 7 month old girl plus Miss A. Whew ya'll, I was ready to pour that wine which ya'll saw if you follow me on snapchat. I'll only have the 2 year old once a week, the rest of the time it's just us girls. My hubby even took a vacation day to stay with me, bless his heart, and he'll actually be home the rest of the week the way it worked out - thank heavens! Keep those prayers coming my way!

This week I'm excited that Southern Charm started back up on Bravo AND that Patricia, the Southern Belle of Charleston herself, favorited one of my tweets. Does that show make ya'll crave a Charleston trip as much as it does with me? Ah take me there tomorrow pa-lease! Also, the signs of Spring around here are really getting me excited (despite the random freezing temps we had last night...) My hostas are popping up everywhere and the wisteria in my backyard is beautiful and fragrant despite its terrible evasiveness. I just love it! Hubby just cut the grass too and everything looks so fabulous! We are about to pull the trigger on new siding and once that's done my outdoor furniture is coming out in full swing!

Anyway, other than major prepping for Miss A's big FIRST birthday celebration on Saturday, we've just been running around like crazy people with lots of coffee and lots of wine. Cheers to that am I right? Grab our button and link up below to let us know what's hap-pinning in your life!

ps - a friend of our family's daughter was competing in a local pageant and took the crown! We basically call them cousins, you know, the ones you grew up with and vacay with so basically they're family? Love them! She looks stunning and I loved being there to support her. I had no doubt that crown would be hers! This really got me pumped for Andi's first pageant and for the fact that I'm attending Miss Virginia for the first time since 2007 this year! Woot woot - bring it on!








 photo signature_zpsdnzukjhu.png

17 comments:

  1. Your yard looks absolutely gorgeous! Good luck with day 3 - you can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of the flowers that have been blooming. I'd love it even more if it wasn't in the 20s and 30s when I woke up in the mornings haha. And you already know I'm allllllllll about Southern Charm--so fun that she favorited one of your tweets!
    Good luck with the rest of the week, girlfriend! I'm sure you're rocking it, even if you're tired as all get out by the end of the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh I can't believe all those little babes you are taking care of!! That's amazing girl - you deserve all the wine and southern charm :) xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your new daycare fun is going well!! Your back yard is so pretty - can't wait to see how the siding and outdoor furniture turns out!! I really need to get into Southern Charm after I finish Gossip Girl - I would die to go back to Charleston, it's truly my favorite city! Congrats to your "cousin" for winning!! That's so exciting and she looked beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew! Sounds like you've got your hands full! And oh my gosh I didn't know Southern Charm was back on!! Guess I know what we're watching this weekend. Also, dying to go to Charleston. And yay for first birthdays!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So exciting you're in your first week, that is wonderful, lady! I am super happy for you! And woohoo for pageant friend/cousin, how awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh goodness girl! Hang in there! It can only get better!! Yay for new siding and for the perennials around the house!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know how you are doing it, sweet girl. I feel like a crazy person chasing after just Vivian and Caleb all day - and they are mine, lol! Props to you!!! Your yard looks so lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! It's so beautiful there...spring has definitely sprung! And girl...I'm pretty sure I would have had to go to bed at 7:00 pm if I had been in your shoes yesterday! It exhausts me just thinking about having all those littles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh goodness! you've got your hands full. I wish you lived closer because we are looking for some in house child care for our little one come October!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My mom has run a daycare out of her home since I was about 4... you definitely have to be a saint to be able to do that! But I loved that my mom made that sacrifice so that she could raise us :) Also, I'm so excited about Southern Charm being back!!!

    Justine @ Charm City Ciemny's
    www.lifeasabaltimoregirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much excitement going on! Huge CONGRATS on the first week of your business, and I can't wait to hear all about Miss A's birthday party :-D
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girl, you deserve ALL the wine! All those sweet babes can be a handful, I'm sure! Good luck and keep it up girl!
    xo, Lily
    Beauty With Lily

    ReplyDelete
  14. Girl, that sounds like a complete zoo! You are a ROCK STAR and you deserve aaaall the coffee and wine! Haha. Good luck with the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hang in there with the kiddos! At least they have to leave at the end of the day lol!? Your husband is a saint and wine always helps at least. Come visit me and Patricia; I'd love to have a martini on her fabulous porch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my goodness! you are amazing for looking after all those kids, hopefully it gets a little less crazy the more you do it? haha. congrats on your 'cousin' winning, that is awesome! what age will you put Andi in pageants? I know nothing about them, so totally just curious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's Friday! Hopefully you have survived the week. Soon it will be wine time.

    Shelly||The Queen in Between

    ReplyDelete