Wednesday, January 13, 2016

What's Hap-"Pinning"

Happy hump day and weekly what's hap-pinning link up day! I go through phases with pinterest ya'll and recently I've been all over it. I've mostly been pinning 1st birthday party ideas...yes, Andi will be one in just about 3 months and it is unbelievable! I can't breathe just talking about it -ah! However, it sure is fun picking out invites, etc. at this point in the planning process. Time flies when you're having fun right?

Let's get back on the subject of what's hap-pinning shall we? Today I want to focus on some design tips for the home. I'd like to start with coffee table styling. This one may sound odd, especially with an almost walking baby in our home but I do love a good staged coffee table ya'll. We currently just have a toile-lined wooden tray that holds everything from candles to our remotes and it isn't very organized. Back in December when I attended my besties baby shower in Atlanta is when I noticed the art of coffee table styling. The girl's home that threw her shower was so perfectly staged that I was afraid to sit down. It was absolutely beautiful and completely ripped out of the pages of some of my favorite magazines (I SO wish I had snapped a few stalker-ish photos) It's really quite simple once you get down to is and of course Pinterest is a great reference. Here are some of my favorite way to simply style your once plain (and maybe unorganized coffee table)

Via

Via

Via

Via

 photo signature_zpsdnzukjhu.png

21 comments:

  1. Staged coffee tables are fabulous, they say so much about the home! Love all your inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of those coffee tables! But I could definitely see how they'd be semi-problematic with an almost walking baby in the house! So pretty nonetheless!
    How is Andi almost 1? I can't believe how quickly time has been flying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh... those are all adorable!!! Since my "babies" are all grown up, I could actually get away with these designs now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually got rid of my coffee table when my son started walking (it had major pointy edges that were basically an accident waiting to happen!) but now that he's a little older I'm longing to get one again! These are all so gorgeous- I'm definitely a coffee table book hoarder, I love them all! Great pins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these coffee tables! I never really thought to do an official "staging" of a coffee table and have occasionally kept books or flowers on our coffee tables. I should really look into a tray at some point and get to styling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great day!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, she did have fabulous coffee tables! And I totally snapped a pic of her mantel and cotton field vases haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colorful painting hung on the wall!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am anxiously waiting the day I can style our coffee table!! With two boys though.. the poor table gets turned on it's side to become a fort, climbed on, jumped off of... sigh. As much as I try and save the table.. it falls on deaf ears. These ideas are all so beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our coffee table is currently covered in Hotwheels cars, baby books, old sippy cups, matching game cards, Anna and Elsa's shoes... you get the gist! Lol. It will be nice to have a pretty coffee table again one day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! Our coffee table is still bare except for a galvanized metal bowl, so I'll have to spruce it up with some of this inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am with you on the staging! Honey We're Home just did a post on kitchen staging and now I am all about trying to figure out how to do better in my kitchen. And after reading this, rethinking my coffee table, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love all of your inspiration pics! we don't even have a coffee table, but i love the look of them. we bought a coffee table and turned it into an ottoman, with a shelf underneath but we haven't put it in our living room yet because our couch has recliners on either end so we don't need it, you know? silly me, should have just stuck with a simple coffee table.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much fabulous inspiration! We just got a new coffee table and end tables for the family room, and I'd love to learn how to style them better. Loving these pics <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all these coffee table inspiration! My coffee table is a hot mess, I shove everything under it and then just shove everything on top too so this is a good idea to have things on there without it looking bare and will help me not to just throw everything on there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love coffee table styling! But not in my house. Lol. Someday! ;) PS I'm with you on pinning birthday ideas! Ahhh!

    ReplyDelete
  17. so badly wish i had the ability to have a pretty coffee table! Harper would ruin it in a heartbeat! these are so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE your style! I need a coffee table yet. :( Then I could do some fun things like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Girl, yes! I love a good staged coffee table, too! I love adding coffee table books to the mix. And I love how they styled with the urchins. I have that size and I just love it. xo, Champagne&Suburbs

    ReplyDelete