Wednesday, January 6, 2016

What's Hap-"Pinning": Dinner

Hey ya'll and happy hump day! With the holidays over and leftovers finally cleared out of the fridge and thrown away, it is time for me to start focusing on dinner again. I have just been on a downward spiral with meal prep - I'm talking just pain lazy and non-creative (haha) I need some new recipes that's for sure! Cue Pinterest people!

The weather has finally decided to feel like winter so crock pot recipes and warm soups are on the top of my list. I woke up and it was 60 degrees in our house because apparently the dang woodstove went out (and with Sunday's woodstove incident, I'm still not talking to it!) so I'm ready for comfort food so to speak. I also love a recipe that produces leftovers because hubs love to eat it for lunch the next day or take it to work. Below are some of the dishes I'm planning to make in the next week or so and I'm overly excited about the chili especially. I know, it's January and everything is supposed to be diet charged but um I like food. There's my diet. (I do still need to start Jillian's ripped in 30 so ya'll send some motivational vibes my way! If I can get 3 days of her workouts in a week I'll be happy!)

If you're new to this link up and want to join in just grab our button below and link up here or with my partner-in-crime Jenn at Going the Distance
 
 

1. Taco Stuffed Peppers
2. Chicken Avocado Burgers
3. Chili
4. Lasagna Soup
5. Potato Soup

 photo signature_zpsdnzukjhu.png

21 comments:

  1. I totally want to make that lasagna soup soon too--I pinned it the other day! Try the recipe I posted yesterday, too--super yummy and hearty and LOTS of leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will definitely be trying those chicken avocado burgers - they look delicious!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brrrrr…. it's cold out there! Wah! no fun after the suns of Mexico. Yummy to all your meals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you: now that all the Christmas leftovers are cleaned out of the fridge, I just want soups (and anything and everything healthy)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh! I have the Ripped in 30 DVD too and haven't done it in a while. I need to get back on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh the chicken avocado burgers looks awesome! I am going to have to try those... and I'm with you. Diet in January??? When its all cold and we want carbs and warm creamy soups? No thanks. Swimsuit season is a loooonnng way off still!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Drooling over those chicken avocado burgers, YUM! Happy new year girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo love the recipies! I'm definitely going to be breaking out my crock pot this week!! =)
    Thanks for the linkup! =)

    Melanie | Blog: Toots + Dill

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chicken and avocado burgers sound right up my alley! And girl - my crockpot and I are BFF during the winter months. But I have needed some meal inspiration, so thanks for the ideas!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much delicious food! I love this time of year for comfort food. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Comfort food is the best kind of food in the Winter, it amazes me why everyone starts dieting in January when the whole of winter is made for comfort food.
    Definitely going to try the lasagna soup, never come across it before but looks/sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YUM to those chicken avocado burgers! And brrrr 60 degrees in the house is a chilling wake up call! Hope you guys are staying warm <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahh Panera's potato soups is one of my favorites to get there! You will have to let us know what you end up trying!

    ReplyDelete
  15. MMMM... those chicken avocado burgers look delicious and so different! I completely forget about all the fun soups and chili's during this time of year - I've got to step things up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. mmmm i had homemade chicken noodle soup the other day and it was SO good. I'd love to try those chicken avocado burgers. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  17. haha girl i am with you! i like food, thats my diet. i'm not eating salads in january, i want comfort food! the chili does look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I want to try that lasagna soup!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You crack me up.. Not talking to the wood stove?! Lol. I hope all is well (and warm!) now! I'm with you... Haven't been cooking at all! Tonight, we had breakfast! Lol. These look like some great recipes!

    ReplyDelete