Monday, December 21, 2015

Weekending

Hey ya'll and happy Christmas week! I'm in complete shock that Christmas is this week. I still haven't quite finished picking up what I need and wrapping... I'm also borderline depressed that I will have to take down all of my decorations in a little over a week. I mean, is there some kind of registry I can sign up for to become a 'Christmas Tour House' and keep my d├ęcor up all year round? Ah it is going by entirely too fast!

We had our annual Otey Christmas party on Saturday and it was another complete success! We had so much fun and I'm so excited that it has become such a big tradition in our household. The food was perfect, the guests were plenty and the homemade photobooth was a blast! I'm pretty sure we were still sipping cocktails and playing Ellen's HeadsUp app until after 3am. With that said, I am NOT 21 anymore...whew the recovery process was a tad rough yesterday. However, after cleaning the house, we lounged all day and watched that disaster of a pageant last night. Did ya'll catch them accidentally crowning the wrong lady? Ouch! I personally love Steve Harvey but he was a terrible host for a pageant and after that final flub I'm pretty sure he won't be asked back next year... sorry Steve!

Anyway, this week is all about finishing presents, picking out some festive desserts since I was nominated for sweets at this year's get together and getting a breakfast casserole together so I don't have to bake on Miss A's first Christmas morning. Did I mention she went to bed by 7:30pm on the night of the party and slept until 9am? She was like "Bye Felicia, It's my bedtime" no party animal here! (haha) I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend. Linking up with B Loved Boston and Champagne & Suburbs for Weekending!












 photo signature_zpsdnzukjhu.png

17 comments:

  1. This looks like SO much fun! And little A - what a rockstar sleeper!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your party looked like so much fun! I loved seeing all of the action over the weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your party looked like a blast!! I couldn't believe they crowned the wrong girl first...big oops lol! xo, Biana-BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for good baby sleepers!!!! Your party looks like fun, the photo booth was a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photo booth idea! Looks like it was a fun party!
    Ally- Life as I know it

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun party! And, girl, I am impressed...if I would've been up until 3:00 am, I'm pretty sure I'd STILL be in bed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like such a fun party, I bet it was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 3am?! holy moly! that's awesome girl.. let me tell you, i'm more like miss A, asleep before 8pm haha. i still have to wrap allll my gifts. can't believe it's almost christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like your party was so much fun! And I hear ya on the all day hangovers, I just can't hang like I used to and it requires almost a full day on the couch the following day :-P

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like such a fun party, especially with that photobooth!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the Photo Booth!!! How adorable
    Chelsea @ http://thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That holiday party looks amazing..especially the punch
    http://makingrestorations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great party AND a great night's sleep for baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like such a fun party! And I too am dreading taking down all the Christmas decor. It always makes me so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a BLAST! It looks like you guys had a fabulous time! I love the photo booth!

    ReplyDelete