Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Herbs + Wine - Who Knew?

Ya'll, there's nothing like getting together with your girl friends over a glass of wine, or sitting down after a long day to enjoy your favorite vino. (I know I do daily..guilty!) The only thing that might be better than the perfect glass of wine is the perfect glass of wine accompanied by complimentary food am I right? Wine and cheese are a common pair, but did you know that you can pair wine with herbs? Nearly every common herb has at least a few ideal wine pairings. Basil even has seven! To help you find the best matches, FTD created an herb and wine pairing chart with thirteen of the most popular herbs. Next time you're not sure what type of wine to pair with your meal, just look at the herbs in your recipe! I loved reviewing this chart and pinning it for future reference! Perfect for this week's holiday cooking as well - Cheers!





Herb and Wine Pairing Guide
 photo signature_zpsdnzukjhu.png

12 comments:

  1. Look at you with this wine-formative post! Wine goes good with everything, but good to know that there are extra great pairings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean I second what Jenn said - this is so informative!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a huge fan of wine and herbs. I had the most delicious drink with rosemary that reminded me of a Harry Potter drink :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! I second, third Jenn and Biana but this post was so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love this! Pinning for sure :)

    Justine @ Charm City Ciemny's
    www.lifeasabaltimoregirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have never thought to look at the herbs in a dish!!! This was so helpful!!! thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Pinned for future reference! I pretty much drink whatever red I have and maybe a white in the summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well this is too cool! I'm a big wine lover, so I need to keep this little chart in mind when I'm cooking!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  9. This chart is amazing, and yes to wine going with everything! And the Lisa Vanderpump gif is a huge win <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome! I will be pinning this one to have handy for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this post. Wine + food = two of my favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is genius! Just pinned it for future reference! xo, Champagne&Suburbs

    ReplyDelete