Friday, December 4, 2015

Happy Weekend!

Alright ya'll, as you read this I am currently en route to Atlanta to shower my best friend for her baby shower! I am so pumped because 6 of us are reuniting from college and staying at her house for the weekend. I haven't been to Atlanta in quite some time and some of these ladies I haven't seen in over a year! Can we say ultimate catch-up/girls weekend AND showering that sweet baby boy that's due in a couple months? Yes please! So I'm sure you're like...ok so what. Well, I need your prayers...not only for safety but for sanity. I've decided to leave Miss Andi behind and at 8 months old, I have NEVER left her overnight. I know she will be fine with her daddy or with my Mama because they are fabulous together but I can't help but feel a slight feeling of guilt. She is my stage 5 clinger and we spend every single day together. I just pray that everything goes smoothly. Ah! This is going to be so weird and I know I'll miss her so much. (Hubs works for the railroad so his schedule is completely crazy - that's why she may have to stay elsewhere but we have all bases covered!)

Because of this trip, we introduced formula last week since I don't have a huge frozen supply of my breast milk. We are still nursing, I just needed a supplement. Luckily, like everything else so far, she took it like a champ! She is eating 3 meals a day with 2-3 nursing sessions and a formula bottle at naptime and bedtime. I'm so thankful we've successfully breastfed for almost 8 months but it is nice to know that I don't have to panic about not having a built-up supply. Like I said, I know she'll be fine....I'm just worried about me! Watch - I'll have too much wine and cry over missing my child (haha I can see it now) I do need the girl time though and cannot wait to see these fabulous ladies!
 
Thank ya'll and have a fantastic weekend!
 
 



 photo signature_zpsdnzukjhu.png

14 comments:

  1. Have a fun time catching up with friends and showering your bestie with love & baby goodies! Will be praying for Andi and her precious mama! I'm sure she'll do beautifully in her daddy and grandma's care. Enjoy your weekend and the sweet reunion when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers to getting back together with college friends, it's so much fun right!?!? Prayers for Andi and mama bear, she will be fine and don't let the mom guilt get to you too much. You deserve a girls night out :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Love! This is the first time I am seeing your blog redesign and I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful time with your besties! Sending prayers your way. I'm sure Miss Andi is gonna do great this weekend. Don't let mom guilt get you down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome that you made it 8 months!!! (I barely made it four, but hoping my supply is better this go-round!) And that's how it always works: we are so worried about them and they barely notice we're gone! Haha! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have an amazing time with your friends!! That'll be such a fun trip and Miss A will do great :) That's awesome you are still nursing after 8 months!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have so much fun on your trip!!! I hope the baby shower is so fun and that Miss Andi handles it well, too--I'm sure she will because she's a little rock star like her mama!! Can't wait to hear about the weekend!! And yes to that last e-card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you have so much fun with your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have fun at the shower and with your lady friends – it’s the best catching up!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE your new blog design!! Have a great weekend :)

    Justine @ Charm City Ciemny's
    www.lifeasabaltimoregirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for her taking the formula like a champ! Have an amazing girls weekend <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have so much fun during your girls weekend! Awesome that she took to formula great!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You'll do great this weekend!! You deserve a little getaway! Have a good one lady! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a wonderful time this weekend, and try not to worry! I'm sure little miss, and you!, will be just fine. :)

    ReplyDelete