New Weekend Recipe: Pepper Jelly Pork Chops
- 4 (3/4-inch-thick) bone-in pork loin chops (about 2 1/4 lb.)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup red pepper jelly
2. Add flour and jalapeño to skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes or until flour is golden brown. Add wine, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet; cook 1 minute or until almost completely reduced.
3. Add chicken broth, and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Whisk in pepper jelly until melted and smooth. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining 2 Tbsp. butter. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Return pork to skillet; turn to coat. Serve pork with sauce.