Thursday, July 2, 2015

Diaper Bag 101

What do you realllly need in that diaper bag? I'm sure, like me, you mamas-to-be have read or searched for countless posts/pins about what to put in that diaper bag. I printed out like 3 before leaving for the hospital so that when I got back I would be prepared. While preparing is good and all - you really only need a few essential things. (well, the following are things we get by with!) However, I use my diaper bag as my purse too so of course I have a few other items like make-up, etc. stashed in there!

My actual diaper bag - large but in charge! (Kate Spade diaper bags are
fantastic - tons of space and TONS of pockets and stylish too! You can't go wrong!)


 1. Diapers -duh!

2. Burp cloths - I say stash at least two!

3. Wipes in a cute case of course

4. Sofie toy when they're old enough

5. We use A&D ointment

6. Soothie paci

7. Breastfeeding cover if you like those

8. Medela breast pads

9. A blanket doesn't hurt - especially if you don't have your changing pad

10. Changing pad

11. Mini First Aid kit

12. Snacks!

I think I may have a coozie or two, some pens, hair ties, baby lotion and hand sanitizer too. Another honorable mention would be to put a ziploc bag or two in some pocket for when there is no trashcan around for dirty diapers. Also, with the heat and sun being insane lately - sunscreen! We are solely breastfeeding so of course a bottle would be a good idea if that's not the case for you but I promise that just about sums it up! I hope this helps!


 photo signature_zps6045ff3e.png

10 comments:

  1. That diaper bag is so cute, lady! Love that you are styling and profiling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would recommend a "wet bag" (typically used for cloth diapers, but has so many other purposes) for dirty clothes on the go or when there is no trash handy. There are also amazing for swimsuits when the time comes! My favorite brand is Planetwise, and the prints are so cute! I also love reusable nursing pads instead of disposable... Bamboobies are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always had an extra onesie in mine (just in case of blowouts or spit up) and i actually put a scarf in there for me, I used it instead of a cover and if I got spit up on me. I could throw it on to hide the spit up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your diaper bag - it's stylish so of course I love it!! Saving this post for future reference!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute bag! I always loved packing mine and having it reasym the only big thing I remember having was a Ziploc bag with an extra outfit in case of blowouts! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tips! I am pregnant with my first and have been searching high and low for a diaper bag that I like that doesn't look like an old lady bag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yep sounds about right! i also love my reusable nursing bra pads (you can buy them on amazon and they are machine washable. they are a lot softer than the disposable ones). xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post and so helpful! I'm due in 6 weeks with my first and need all of the advice I can get! So glad I found your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so helpful - I'll keep this for future reference whenever it's my turn to be a momma!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually found some arm and hammer diaper bags that are deodorized! They are really helpful for the diaper bag! Your bag is so cute! I don't have a cute purse looking bag because I had gotten those 31 totes but sometimes I think I would totally like a cute bag instead!

    ReplyDelete