Thursday, May 28, 2015

Life Lately

What an amazing 6 weeks this has been! Time really does fly when you're having an absolute blast am I right? Being at home with baby girl has been the highlight of my life. I took the full 12 weeks for maternity leave which would put me back at work the second week of July.... hmmm .... I am really debating going the SAHM route. It has actually always been what I have wanted if I had children and now more than ever I feel that way. I have worked since I was 16 and although it will be hard to walk away from current job (great boss, wonderful people I've know basically since high school, excellent hours and vacation, etc) I just feel like you can always go back to work but you can't always get their baby years back... thoughts? Opinions?



Hubs and I have really been focusing on the house updates as well. I know I am REALLY overdue for a house tour/update! The inside is mostly finished (still putting finishing touches on nursery and some of the rooms upstairs) but we are hammering down on the outdoor list. Currently we are working on the out buildings, porch, siding and figuring out a driveway situation. Right now we are pulling through the yard to the back of the house so of course when it rains it is treacherous. Honey has been sweating in this darn heat cutting back the crazy amounts of wisteria and bamboo on the side yard which actually gives us like 10 extra feet or more of width for a driveway. We will then be getting either privacy trees or fencing...haven't quite decided. I'll start working on a home tour next week or so (that means I have to clean...ugh haha)


Driveway situation on the side of the house

Porch floor and siding clearly not done but I had to have a place to sit! Slowly creating my outdoor space!
One of the completed outbuildings via le husband!

Next one on the list (and there's a huge one behind this one!)

We've had so many visitors and have loved showing off miss Andi. I'm 100% sure she's the best baby in the universe and that if I have a second child it will be the spawn of satan (hahaha sorry..) She never cries unless wet and only grunts at night to let me know she's awake and ready to eat. She gives us 5 hour stretches of sleep and on Mother's day she did 7! She goes down around 9-10pm, wakes up about 3 to quickly eat, goes back down until about 6 and then co-sleeps (aka cuddles) until about 9 or 10. (NO JOKE YA"LL - she rocks! and it has been like this since day 1!) She is a master at tummy time and so strong for such a tiny bird! She needs to slow down with these milestones! She's also the best traveler/shopper in the world (daddy's worst nightmare) she's so adaptable and goes anywhere with Mama without a peep (maybe just a fitting room change or two!) I'm just loving being her Mommy and everyone is so right when they say - they grow SO fast! We're almost at 2 months and with that said- 2 month shots are coming! Yikes! Any words of advice on preparing for that appointment?



 photo signature_zps6045ff3e.png

28 comments:

  1. Sounds like you all have been up to a lot of fun stuff! Can't wait for the home tour and to see the driveway! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's the cutest and I can't believe she has been so easy for you! Lucky girl! Also, I have GOT to see more of your house/land! I had no idea you had so much pretty land! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so cute--I can't believe how quickly time is flying!
    Love that you guys are getting through these early stages of parenthood, without too much of a hitch. And still able to complete house projects?? You are winning in my book girl! So excited to see the house tour photos when you get to them! But if you don't for a while, that's ok--just enjoy your time with Miss Andi! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading an update on you guys!!! Being a mom really is the best, right?! And I feel the same way - am trying to go the SAHM route soon - you really can't get these years back! I say do it if you can! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy you are back at the blogging world. Andi is so, so, cute! You are lucky to have such a laid back baby. I thought Caprilee was the same way and I am hoping this next one doesn't is just the same (fingers crossed). Aren't they just the sweetest to cuddle? I definitely understand the SAHM thing-- You'll know in your heart what is best for you. The shots-- she will be just fine!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is just the sweetest thing! Glad to hear she’s such a good baby and going easy on you too! Loved seeing what you’ve been up to. Way to go completing all those house projects with a newborn! I love your patio area – that will be so nice to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw Andi is so sweet! Glad she's such an amazing baby! I don't blame you for wanting to be a SAHM. I'm aiming for that even though I have a great job - I can't imagine them being gone and with someone else for 9 hours of the day. Love your front porch - super cute fabrics :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet, Sweet, Precious baby girl! I just adore her! YAY for all the progress on the house! Can't wait to see more pics! Ohhh...the SAHM vs. work dilemma...you'll make the right decision for you and your family! Just go with your gut...it'll be right! So glad you're back, girl! I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for a good baby!! I must say I'm a little jealous of how much she sleeps! Although I can't complain too much, Logan is a good baby too. Can't wait to see house updates and I love reading updates from you! Good luck with the SAHM decision. That is a tough one, but no matter what you decide you will make it work for your family. :) Missed ya, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was literally thinking about you and the house last night and wondering how it was coming along!! I'm so happy that the time with your little babe has been all that you had hoped for and more!! can't wait to see more!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  11. Andi sounds like such an angel baby!! So glad to hear things have been going well - both with the fam and the house!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a busy bee you are! What a sweet baby. She's precious. Your house looks great as usual. As for the work/SAHM thing...girl, you are in the middle of the biggest mommy dilemma in history. I'll say this: If the income you earn isn't essential to your household and you will feel guilty/sad/regret at not being home, stay home. I promise you that you can get by without the work, and YES work will always be there. If you need the income or if your career is something you feel like will stall or stop if you leave the workforce, you've got yourself a real dilemma. Whatever you do, just know that your little girl will be okay and so will you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad to see an update from you! And glad all is well:) Andi reminds me of Caleb as an infant. He was so easy and go with the flow. And now Vivi - baby #2 - is the complete opposite, lol. Its not her fault, bless her heart - she's got colic:( But it just goes to show that every baby is definitely different, so enjoy sweet Andi's easygoing disposition! As far as the SAHM thing goes, well, you know what I decided. I didn't have a job I loved or a career in which it was vital for me to continue working, so the decision was easy for us. I do miss my salary at times, but the sacrifice is worth it! I know you'll make the right decision for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful!!! For as hard as the end of pregnancy was for you I'm glad miss A is taking it easy on you now :) obviously, I'm a big fan of the SAHM gig :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. She's so beautiful!!! I'm a work at home mama, and I wouldn't have it any other way...truly! I think it's so important to be here for Spencer's baby years, and I'm so thankful I can!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I say you should totally take the leap and be a SAHM. The days are often long, pay is not so great, but you get to experience so many special memories that only you will be there to experience. Obviously, I'm a fan. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE being a SAHM! It is something I have always wanted. I get far more fulfillment in life in this role than I ever did in the workplace. I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love everything about this post! Your absolutely right about babies never being babies again and work always being there! Yay for such a great baby! I hope that baby #2 isn't the spawn of satan! Lmao! :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad that you're enjoying this all so much! Andi is such a cutie! It would be amazing to be able to stay at home!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awe, I'm happy to hear that all is well! Andi sure sounds like she's a great baby girl, which I'm sure makes your life easier as a parent. Girl, if you want to stay at home and can afford to, go for it! I grew up with my mom at home, and I think that's why she's my best friend to this day - I wouldn't trade that time together for anything, and I hope to do the same thing with my kids in the future! I can't wait to see all the home updates!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Andi is so precious! So glad she's a good sleeper for you. :) I love how you said babies will only be babies for a short time, and work will always be there-a great way to look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like you are having the time of your life. I can't wait to do the same.
    P.S. Bamboo is awful! We had to cut down a ton of it too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. aww she is adorable! glad to hear everything is going well.
    i obviously have no advice on the shots (i'm sure everything will be fine!) but as for the SAHM... that's exactly what I want to do. I love my job and all that, but I want to be home with my kids. end of story. we don't make a lot of money and it won't be super easy, but it will be worth it. plus, daycare will be 60% of my pay and no thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I feel like if you wan to stay home you should. I did the same thing. I stayed home with Taylor for two years and it was one of the best decisions I ever made. When I felt ready to go back and transition her to daycare I did. You should enjoy your baby time with them while you can because before you know it they are going to 5th grade (tear).

    ReplyDelete
  25. Glad to hear everything is going well. Miss Andi is too cute, I love her outfits!! If I had children, I would totally want to stay home with them.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love that little glimpse of your porch!

    As for the work thing...I'd say if you're feeling a pull to stay home, do it! You are so right that you can always go back to work. Another option is to try going back to work for a little while and then decide what will be the best fit!

    ReplyDelete
  27. All those baby snuggles have to be the absolute best! :) Can't wait to see all the updates that you have made to your home, I'm sure it's gorgeous! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  28. Soak up your time girl! I say if you can stay at home, do it! I already know that I'll dread going back to work after I have a little one (but I don't love my job). You are 100%...you can't get that time back! She's so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete