Monday, February 23, 2015

Weekending

Hey Ya'll & Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great (Oscar) weekend! The hubs was out of town on work all weekend so I actually spent a lot of time hanging out at my parent's house and relaxing. Friday though was like mail day at the house! My sweet friend Edie sent us the Graco Elite pack and play/sleeper/everything basically from our registry and I was floored! That thing is intense and not to mention expensive so she definitely did not have to do that! Needless to say I was so excited to get my first baby shower item and it made me miss her so much (she is in Florida!) Next, a huge box arrived from Heather and the twin girls care package style. I'm mad I haven't taken a picture but it included books, a heart doppler to her Andi's heart, bottles, nursing storage containers, the cutest clothes and hats ever, a sweet pink crib blanket....I mean you name it! Clearly it was a fabulous start to the weekend!
 ALSO- speaking of mail. I received THE best piece of snail mail from my best friend Michael. (long story short: Michael and I grew up together and have been best friends through and through. He recently decided to join the Army/National Guard and just embarked on his journey through training. I begged him to do the pen pal thing and I got my first letter! Also, we have a weird inside joke obsession with Nicholas Cage- just to prepare you for what's coming) Anyway, it was a dream come true because my letter was from Forest Gump and said dear Jen-nay instead of Jessi at first (hahaha esisly amused right here) I'm so happy he is doing well and can't wait to get more letters in the future! In the mean time, he is getting a fun Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition with a little Nick Cage twist (muahaha <-- evil laugh) I'll share it once it's done! #ProjectTime #GlueStick


Also, did ya'll catch the Oscars? I love NPH and though he did a great job hosting (although he was no Ellen) If you don't follow NPH and his hubby on IG you should- his family is insanely cute. I was HORRIBLE this year at my movie watching and haven't seen any of the nominated films except American Sniper so I clearly have some catching up to do. I do however have some fashion faves from last night. What did ya'll think overall? I picked Gweneth for the win, Rosamund Pike for her stunnind red ensemble, Jennifer Lopez for those boobs and Emma Stone for hair and make-up!





Linking up today With Biana over at B Loved Boston

 photo signature_zps6045ff3e.png

28 comments:

  1. What wonderful friends you have. I thought NPH did a great job, he is so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you had a great mail weekend! I always love getting surprises in the mail! That pack and play thing looks intense but super useful! So many amazing looks at the Oscars! Rosamund Pike looked amazing and loved Reese's classic old-Hollywood look!

    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Rosamund's dress too!!! What a fabulous surprise that pack-n-play was!!!!! Wow! Such sweet friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the letter you got from your friend that is so sweet!! I thought Ellen was a much better host, NPH was good, but eh fell a little short for me lol! Happy Monday girl!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang, you got quite the haul of stuff girl! You must be popular and loved (duh!!) :)
    Love that your friend sent you a letter--and that he sent it from Forrest Gump. Hilarious!
    Love your picks for the best dressed girls. Jared Leto weirds me out lol
    Hope you have a good start to the week! Love you tons!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jealous of all your fun mail! Sounds like a wonderful weekend minus the hubby being gone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww, that's so fun you have such a great guy friend. Snail mail is the best, right?

    WOOHOO for your baby stuff, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for a fun mail day!! It's exciting when the baby stuff starts arriving! Great picks for best dressed too. I was watching E!'s red carpet and they hardly showed anybody, so I have some catching up to do. Hope you're feeling well and having a good day girl! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to get fun mail! I love your picks for Oscar best dressed! Gwyneth looked great. Rosamund I was ehhhh about and JLo I think was no good honestly. Her boobs were too big for that dress. I would have loved it with a different neckline though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mail days are the best days! And totally agree with all of your fashion picks - I also really liked Reese Witherspoon! Bummed that American Sniper didn't win much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY for such good mail days. I remember when I started getting all of the fun baby things when I was pregnant, it's seriously the best! And that letter... so sweet!!

    I didn't stay wake for much of the Oscar's, but I loved Gwyneth's dress,, no shock there b/c i LOVE PINK! :) have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. yahhh! i love getting mail (especially packages!) sounds like you have some wonderful friends :) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  13. You get the best mail! That is a great pack and play! And a fetal doppler is an amazing gift. I used mine with both kids nearly every day - it's so nice for giving you peace of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved Jenna Dewan-Tatum's look too. But you were pretty much spot on with the best looks of the night. You definitely have some movie catching up to do! There were a lot of good ones this year. I LOVED the performances during the show... Especially Lady Gag!-- Wow !

    Happy Monday!

    Jill @ You, Me, and Capri

    ReplyDelete
  15. You cannot, will not suck me into the Bachelor tonight!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. aw what a sweet present from your friend, and the care package - so lovely! emma stone always has the best hair and makeup, seriously flawless. i didnt watch the oscars but i dont think i had seen any of the movies that were nominated, oops!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rosamund Pike looked AMAZING in that red dress. I died!!! And wish I had somewhere to wear something that exquisite!:)

    And yay for fun mail days! They are the best:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay for sweet friends and that beautiful pack and play! That letter is so cute! Love the Forrest Gump and Jen-nay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Girl, you've got some great friends - what wonderful presents that you received! I love that you and your best friend are doing the pen pal thing, and I enjoyed the Oscars, too. I'm actually not a huge NPH fan, but that's just because I wish Ellen would do it every year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I feel like I watch a lot of movies (American Sniper was pretty awesome!) but I hadn't heard of several of the movies last night during the Oscars. I must be living in a box haha!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That letter is awesome! How fun that y'all do that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun mail day, those are the best!!!! Looooved Jo's dress & Emma's makeup!!!!! Who are you rooting for on the bachelor?!!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love quality time at my parent’s house – I do the same when my hubs is away; no fun being home alone. Getting actual mail is the best and you hit the jackpot this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So glad you got some QT with your folks! Also, what an awesome mail weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. What an awesome gift for little Andi!! And I agree with your Oscar picks.. JLo's boobs are insane!! haha. And I had only seen American Sniper and Gone Girl (you should def see that one!) and had never heard of half the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great mail weekend! I completely understand the excitement when you see a letter from basic training! It was always such a relief to hear from my brothers!

    ReplyDelete