Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Happening Lately

Hey ya'll, long time no talk (or type) today is my first day back to work and back to a routine in 7 days! Just to give ya'll a little update- the norovirus broke out at Hampden-Sydney College and if you're in the VA area you've seen this all over the local news since its now spreading through Farmville and hitting Longwood University. Basically, with me being preggo and all, I called out of work starting last Tuesday. Then, on Wednesday of last week, the decision was made to close campus until today with classes not resuming until tomorrow so I didn't feel bad about taking precaution and calling out anyway. YUCK! Over 300 were treated and the VA Health Department has come in and done a super clean etc. etc. but I'm still paranoid and LOADED with all sorts of cleaning supplies agents and if you need to come in my office or borrow a pen you will be punched (with gloves on of course) Its been a nice little vacay but here's to good hygiene and hand washing and clorox and bleach...you get it.

The weekend and time off was much needed! I got a lot of rest and has the best time celebrating Hillary at her bridal shower and bachelorette! That girl time was so therapeutic and I loved every second of being able to catch up with those ladies! Her wedding is just 4 weeks away and I'll get to see them all again! (just ordered my first semi-formal maternity dress so I pray it fits!) Anyway, I hope everyone is doing fabulous and ummm who watched that train wreck of a Bachelor episode last night? (HA!)




Around the clock theme!






A little super bowl fun!

My Bachelor date- looking thrilled!

How are your brackets coming along??


 photo signature_zps6045ff3e.png

21 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully you stay germ free--ew!!!
    You looked ADORABLE at your friend's shower. You definitely did not look like a blob or any other unsavory thing you thought you'd look like.
    Love our Bachelor dates....I'm definitely more thrilled than Seth haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes – that sounds like a rough situation, good thing you got to have a nice little vacation! Girls night looks so fun and that football cupcake, how cute!! How good was that episode last night?! I cannot wait until next week to see what happens; I drag my hubby into watching too, he’s addicted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GAH! I heard about that virus down by Hampden-Sydney and was praying it didn't get anywhere near you. I mean boys are gross and all, but that virus is just EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW!!!

    Glad you had a good weekend, that around the clock theme is so cute. I've been to one of those parties and loved it! You look FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS in that dress, lady and I know you'll look gorgeous in your semi-formal dress, too!

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yikes! i dont blame you for staying away from work. beee safe!
    that shower looks like it was fun tho! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for girl time & time off!! Love your dress for the shower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahaha that photo of your husband during The Bachelor sums up every guys feelings and posture during that show. Last night was just ridiculous - Kelsey is a whack job. I'm glad you kept yourself safe and stayed away from all that icky virus stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's awful about the virus! I'd be nervous about returning, too! Hopefully, it's all gone. Looks like you had a great time at the shower and bachelorette party. Isn't it wonderful to have friends like that? And girl, the Bachelor. Is Kelsey freakin crazy or what???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! Thank God you didn't get sick! I hope you enjoyed your time off though! Speaking of time - that clock with the flowers! Adorbs! What a great theme!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun weekend and you looked beautiful!! Saying a prayer that you don't get sick! And seriously.. The Bachelor last night, what was that?!? Kelsey is insane!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That blue dress! It's fabulous! You look sooooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh gosh - I can't believe they shut down the campus, such a nasty virus!! I couldn't even handle the episode last night - like it went way too crazy for me!! Kelsey is a nutcase and seriously needs to be properly treated - how she was talking about her "story" being amazing and needs to be told is so strange LOL! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! Scary about the virus! Glad that you dodged it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally need that "How to Boil Water" book!! Haha!! What is with all of these viruses?? I am so glad you stayed healthy - keep that hand sanitizer handy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahah your husband with the hood on is priceless for some Bachelor time. Those cupcakes and your black and blue dress are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah yuck!! Hope you're staying germ free over there! That is awful, but score for some extra time off. You looked absolutely gorgeous at your friend's shower, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow, I hadn't heard about that! I don't blame you, no thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your outfit for the Bridal Shower was adorable, you look fabulous! Glad you're staying healthy and feeling well. Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh goodness!!! So glad you are staying healthy! *knock on wood* I am soooo paranoid about getting sick in general and then topped with being preggo, it's just over-the-top! I would have called in sick too!
    The Bachelor...honestly, I watch purely for the crazies this season. Kelsey is Off.Her.Rocker. Who talks about their "story" of being widowed as amazing?
    Speaking of amazing, you are looking fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hopefully your first day back to work went okay! Praying that nastiness stays away from you!!! Can't wait to see your maternity semi-formal dress you picked out! I'm sure you will fit into it and look amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete