Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Apparenty, I like sugar

Yep- that glucose drink at yesterday's appointment didn't phase me in the slightest. In fact, I probably could have asked for another...the fruit punch flavor (it was that or orange) tasted just like Hawaiian punch! (you know, the juice boxes you loved as a kid?) After drinking it, hubs and I went in to see the nurse and doc. We found out baby girl is in the right position but she is still able to flip so that could easily change. I had my Tdap shot and then blood drawn. According to the nurse I will actually know the results of the test today before 1pm so fingers are crossed that all goes well in that department!


It has been so gorgeous weather wise here for the last couple days. I'm talking over 60 degrees and me in short sleeves.... and then I wake up this morning (keep in mind t-shirt yesterday) to rain/wintery mix and snow covering our cars, ground and house! Beautiful yes but what the heck? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't ready for Spring. I"m not talking hot Summer or anything- just Spring! I never know what to wear anymore! With the nice weather however, we were able to put up our new mailbox, take Emma for some long walks and keep our you know whats outside. We're also trying to decide what order to place our next upcoming home projects in. Right now we are thinking outdoor woodstove is going in asap (super efficient for our size home and propane is KILLING us currently price wise) driveway options are next so we're not driving through side yard, siding options on house and all out buildings and then porch. WHEW- never ending right?


I also realized I needed some sort of pink/red valentine touch in our home so I threw together a quick little valentine wreath for the front door! Love the bright pink!



 photo signature_zps6045ff3e.png

28 comments:

  1. I've heard horror stories about that test, but glad to know you rocked it. Fingers crossed when it's my time I'll be like you, heehee!

    The weather was gorgeous this weekend right?

    Love that wreath, so pretty! You so crafty!

    <3 you dancing girl emoji twin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that things went well for you at the doctors, and I'll keep hoping it stays the same way!
    I am desperate for Spring time, too! This weekend was a gift and a tease all at the same time. Scraping ice off my windshield this morning after being outside with short sleeves on Sunday was a major bummer!
    Love the wreath--and of course you just threw it together and it looks perfect, because youre perfect! haha
    Love you soulmate!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the test!! And I love the wreath!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully you pass!!! I always get nervous for mine, because I would just not be okay with adjusting my diet in the third trimester. I need my sweets! Wish me luck today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the wreath, sweet girl! So cute, and perfect for this time of year! I am getting ready to drink that very same drink later today - hoping I handle it as good as you did!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY for warm weather and glucose drinks that aren't that bad! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so creative! The wreath that you "quickly threw together" is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heard the worst things about that drink, but then I loved it!! Love the wreath - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job on drinking that stuff haha, I've heard people who hate it and people who don't mind! I like sugar too so hopefully I'll do ok ;) Love your little wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad to hear the glucose test went well for you! I'm a huge sugar fan too so I think/hopefully I'll be okay one day, ha!! Loving that pretty wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're always on the go! I am amazed by your energy, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for the glucose drink not being awful. I had heard that Fruit Punch is was better than the orange. That is what I get to look forward to at my next appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your quick "throw together" wreath that looks fantastic! Good to know that little sugar concoction wasn't too bad ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad the Glucose test went ok for you - hope the results come back ok too! I didn't mind the taste either, but the sheer amount I had to chug was too much! haha. I am so ready for Spring too! This weather has definitely been teasing us. Love the wreath and I can't wait to see all your house projects take shape! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job with the glucose test. I failed mine and had to do the longer test but I wound up passing that one so it was okay in the end. I am TOTES jealous of your weather. It is freezing and slushy here. I cant wait for the Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What I would do for spring weather!! That wreath is adorable !

    ReplyDelete
  17. I never thought the glucose test was bad either. Some people just like to be dramatic ;) the weather in Missouri is crazy like that too!! I swear it practically gives you whiplash with the constant hot and cold fluctuation.

    ReplyDelete
  18. im glad the glucose test went well!! i didnt mind the one hour test either...but then i failed it (im still blaming that on the snack i had right before my test). the second 3-hr test is pretty terrible bc you cant eat before it but you gotta do what you gotta do! good luck! xo jillian

    ReplyDelete
  19. That sure is a fancy wreath you "threw" together on a whim. ;) So lovely! Good luck on your glucose test!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your Valentine's Day wreath! So cute and crafty. You're hilarious about the glucose test - I've heard horror stories about that drink, so I'm glad to know it's really not that bad. Fingers crossed all the results come back well!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glad the test was easy (and bonus, tasted good hah!). Love your wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've always heard the worst about those drinks so I'm glad you didn't mind it! Love the wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Im glad that drink didnt bother you! Ive heard some people say it wasnt bad and others say it was the worst thing theyve ever drank. That makes me worried LOL! Your Valentines Day wreath is so cute! Love it!

    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  24. cute wreath!!!!! Loving the warmer weather - SO ready for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my goodness, you are a champ! I had to have a glucose test last week, and I had no problems with the drink, but an hour into the test I thought I was going to be sick from so much sugar. I hope you get great test results back! Thinking of you :)

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  26. So glad the test went well for you and hope everything goes well when you find out results today!! Love how you say i threw together a quick little DIY - it looks amazing! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hope everything goes well with the test!!! I am ready for warmer weather. Heck all it does here is snow!! Snow snow snow.

    ReplyDelete