Monday, January 26, 2015

Weekending

And here we are again- face to face with another (Bachelor) Monday that's dreary and rainy and cold. I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend though! Not too much happening in the Otey household since the hubs was mostly working. Friday night I relaxed and did some more baking to satisfy my new sweet tooth for cookies, Saturday night had a dinner date with my parents and Sunday did a lot of cleaning. Doesn't sound very fun right?

However, I got my butt ready by 8pm for the Miss Universe pageant on NBC and it was actually fabulous! The Trump organization pageants I don't follow or love as much as the Miss America organization but they're still fun to watch regardless. My predictions were on point too! (pats self on back- I get serious about my pageant research haha) I had Australia, Jamaica, USA, Colombia and Ukraine in my top with either Australia or USA taking it all so I'd say I was pretty close! (Spoiler alert: USA was 1st runner up to Miss Colombia as our new Miss Universe) Not to be bias, but USA should have gone all the way! She was ridiculously stunning and her evening gown was made for her! I guess USA, Jamaica & Colombia were the only ones to really answer the questions though... Also, I loved the judges panel this year! I mean, K Cav & Rob Drydek plus a Redskins player? haha yes!

Linking up today with the lovely B from B Loved Boston for Weekending and you should too!




Hubby satisfying my cravings and making lunch!



Ollie goes crazy over ridiculousness! Pure entertainment!

My Miss Universe buddy


 

 photo signature_zps6045ff3e.png

17 comments:

  1. I normally try to watch the pageants, but Sunday was such a busy day of cleaning, too and then soccer. Super glad USA got 1st runner up. I checked out the pictures this morning and man are those ladies beautiful!

    Those cookies look delicious, yum yum! Glad you had a good weekend! Stay warm and dry, sweet friend! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like we had the same SUnday.. I love watching pageants. I deff think Miss. USA should have won. I am super excited for the Bachelor tonight. Glad it is on Monday kind of gets my week going. How are you feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so fun to bake on the weekends! Your cookies look yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy weekend for you! Those cookies look SUPER delish!
    MG and I only watched part of the pageant last night before bed (it was the facebook question), and Jamaica was the only one who actually answered the questions. The rest of them gave fluffy responses that didnt really answer the question.
    Hope you guys aren't getting much snow down there...are you? I need a snow day bad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! those cookies look tasty! I'm going to have to break down and bake some tonight too. My sweet tooth is out of control! Hope you have a good day girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok now i really want to make cookies/eat frosting ;) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally missed out on Miss Universe last night!! I'm glad USA made it to the final two but of course I think she should have won! ;) Happy Bachelor day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't watch the pageants or anything but you're right, Miss USA is gorgeous - but so is Columbia! I didn't see Miss Australia, but I'm biased and think she should have one, just because haha. We already had a Miss Universe though. Meanwhile, I want those cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww! Emma with her head on the table is too cute! Jack does that on the windowsil all the time. I always laugh because it's pathetically cute :) I totally thought Miss USA was going to go all the way! Can you believe that my TV worked all night no problem and then this morning it turned on for 2 minutes?! Ugh! Ain't no body got time for that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hooray for freshly-baked cookies! Those look delicious. I had the SAG awards on last night, but I agree - Miss USA was absolutely beautiful. Happy Monday, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved watching miss universe last night and yay for the bachelor tonight - even though I'm not sure i could take him kissing more girls!!! Those cookies look delish! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  12. BACHELOR NIGHT! YAY...now if I only had some of those cookies! Yum! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's 70 and sunny here!!! Stay warm and enjoy your day!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Low-key weekends are the best sometimes!! & I'm sure you e heard this once or twice but, you look just like your mom!! Pretty twinks!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness! I am so happy I caught Miss Universe. I didn't know it was on and ran into it on TV by chance.. Dang it! But, I did see most of it and was glued to the TV. I agree with you. Miss USA was a DOLL and should have won. What about Miss Jamaica though? The crowd totally booing after she didn't win and trending on Twitter? She was FIERCE. I loved her and if not USA she definitely should have won. Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Look at your cute parents! Miss USA totally should have won (purely looks alone she killed it!).

    ReplyDelete