Monday, November 10, 2014

Weekending

Oh my word what that was such a great weekend! And you know what? I'm not even hating on Monday because I'm leaving at noon with Mama for my monthly check-up/appointment to check on baby O and hear his or her heartbeat today. Also, after today I have no more appointments until the gender one AND the hubs will be home! (30 days and counting!)

Friday I did some shopping to complete the guest room which I'll showcase soon, bought some fabulous warm flannel sheets from Target for me, had a nice salon visit with a cut and color (just a tad lighter on the ends! See selfie below haha) and some girlfriends of mine from college came in town (Heather & Hillary- update: Heather's twin girls are doing fabulous and I got some new pictures of those gals!) They were only able to come in Saturday and Saturday night since Heather had to get back to the girls but we squeezed a lot into that time frame. We went for 'drinks' and dinner and then came back and I probably stayed up the latest I've ever stayed up in what feels like forever! They also brought me some alcohol-free wines to try and ya'll- they are perfect! They brought an alcohol-free champagne with a pop cork and everything! Hillary brought her pup Maggie so Emma was on cloud nine with a girlfriend/sleepover of her own. It was sad to see them leave but man I needed the girl time and gossip! Love them!

Oh!!!!!!! So on my Friday shopping adventures I was on the way to the grocery store and I pass this little somewhat crappy antique store that always puts stuff out on the sidewalk and I saw this bar cart type thing. (I had passed it several times before but never stopped) Well, groceries and all, on the way back...I stopped. It is tall, 3 levels, a bamboo wood look, on wheels and the absolute perfect size for the space I want to put one. The guy told me $75 and I actually bargained it down to...ready for this? $50 bucks! A bar cart....for $50 bucks! Did you hear me? $50 bucks! I threw that thing on top of the groceries and it came straight home with me! I'm not sure if I'll paint, fix it up, change the wheels, etc. but for now I am loving it and it will be p-e-r-f-e-c-t for our big Christmas party!


Linking up today with the lovely Biana from B Loved Boston for Weekending




Hillary with Mags & Emma- The weather was perfect!
For all you mamas-to-be out there! Closest to the real thing!




Sunday we were worn out!!

 photo signature_zps6045ff3e.png

24 comments:

  1. Love the bar cart! You got it for a steal! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect weekend and I'm so happy you were finally able to get a bar cart that you loved and for a crazy good deal!! Hope you have a great appointment today!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally going to try some alcohol free wine when I get pregnant...I think wine is what I will miss the most! And love the bar cart, what a steal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great bar cart!! You'll love having one! They're so much fun to fix up for the Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love that bar cart!! Looks super fun!! Sounds like a great wknd with the girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had an awesome time with your friends--there's nothing better than some quality girl time! Love the sheets you got! They are gorgeous!!
    Good luck with the doc appt today--and yay for only 30 more days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that rustic bar cart… what a great find!! And that's so cool that they have such a variety of non-alcoholic wines and bubbly- glad you had a great weekend with your friends!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. shut up about the bar cart....lucky duck!! Love your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't even know they made nonalcoholic wines! That bar cart is perfect, what an awesome find!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bamboo bar cart?!?!? Jackpot.
    I wanna go to an appt with my mama! So fun. Almost appt time for you, actually! SO FUN!!!!
    And I had some Fre this weekend too. :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the new hair! Very stylish! I need to darken up a bit for the Winter but I am not ready yet! Glad you had fun with your girls! Cant wait to find out baby O's gender!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh love the new hair do! So pretty!!! And obsessing over that bar cart! I can't believe you got it for $50! Great find! That's so sweet of your friends to get you nonalcoholic champs! Happy Monday!!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I spy a bump! Your hair looks adorable and can't wait to see how you style the new cart.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your hair and your bar cart, score!! I can't wait to put our flannel sheets on :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the hair! Looks great on you! Non-alcoholic champagne sounds fabulous. And nice work on the bar cart!

    ReplyDelete
  16. YAY for flannel sheets and bar carts!! Can't believe you got that thing for $50, what a steal! Glad you had a good weekend, loving that baby bump :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great weekend! I used to drink Fre too haha, once a wino.... always a wino ;) yay for the bar cart!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that bar cart. I bet it would look awesome spray painted.

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a fabulous weekend, and yay for girl time!! that bar cart is super cute, what a bargain!! your hair looks beautiful as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've been wanting to pick up some flannel sheets from Target, and loving that bar cart :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What an awesome find for $50!!! Love the hair! Looks great! What's with this wine?! It's n/a!? I want some. Just not red. Lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aww your friends are the best! Sounds like such a great weekend!! And such a cute bar cart...great find!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds like so much fun! Love the hair and so cool they brought you alcohol free wine. :)!

    btw, were you eating at charlies?

    ReplyDelete