Monday, November 3, 2014

Weekending

We are long overdue for a house update! We have literally almost finished the second floor and it is incredible. Again, my in-laws have kicked some major butt and the hubs is going to be so excited when he finally gets home. I'll throw in a before picture- but just in case you've forgotten, our entire house had that awful textured popcorn ceiling. The second floor actually has even higher ceilings so I was thinking "oh my goodness heights and yikes!" I was especially concerned about how in the world we would get it scraped over the steps. My FIL came up with a plank-like system that he dropped across the steps and walked on and let me just say that he is braver than I would have been.

The steps were tarped off completely to keep the pesky sheet rock dust from going back downstairs (which Emma loved- it was like a fun house) and the scraping began. Afterwards, the sheet rock mud was applied and sanded and then the ceilings were ready for paint. The walls were also painted which means I am so close to bringing in furniture and decor in the sitting area/hallway of the second floor! (also doing Christmas tree #2 up there in front of those large windows) The third floor ceiling is the worst and they have started the scraping and repair up there as well. Second floor recap: The guest room and guest bath is finished, the hall bath is now finished, the office is complete and the remaining rooms include another large guest room and NURSERY! Yes folks, I believe the nursery is next on the to-do list.

I am actually moving the bedroom set furniture into the guest room this week with some help because I have 3 gals coming in next weekend to stay and see the place! I can't wait to have the room completed and let my guests have a space of their own! Of course I need to do some shopping for some finishing touches and bedspread, etc. but I will definitely take pics! Also, I've added some pics of the hall (future kid) bath with the vanity in place. We changed the hardware and all we need now is a long mirror to go above it and some kind of free-standing linen closet for towels, etc. since we converted the original linen closet to the actual space for the toilet.

            Hope everyone had a great weekend- linking up with Biana from B Loved Boston






that's the door to the nursery by the way!!


The scary plank! Way to go Vern!




Toilet hidden in back left

$100 Craigslist vanity score!




 photo signature_zps6045ff3e.png

25 comments:

  1. Your stairs are amazing! Love the color! Such great progress, lady. And LOVE the colors in the bathroom! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The house looks beautiful! You guys did a lot of hard work, I can't wait to see the end results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO.MUCH.PROGRESS! Wow...I'm so impressed! And kudos to your FIL for the plank idea over the stairs...and being brave enough to do it! I seriously can't believe how much you have accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house is going to be so amazing, I can't wait for the full reveal!! That bathroom looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is looking SO Great!!!!!! Can't wait to see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE it all!! You guys have done so much hard and GREAT work! Now, just come up here and help me with our house haha.
    Also, that vanity--it's perfect and for $100??? Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that plank thing does look scary!! Everything is looking good and I can't wait to follow along as you do the nursery!! Can't believe how much progress you've made so far.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, that plank thing! SO scary!! And cannot believe you found that vanity on Craigslist... I want to replace ours so now I'm going to start checking there! Everything is looking awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the color of that bathroom! And the vanity -- definitely a score!
    Happy Monday!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks so great! Love the color of the bathroom! Nothing about that plank looks safe! He is way braver than I would be'

    ReplyDelete
  11. the scary plank made my stomach drop. no fun!! the ceilings look amazing, and that $100 vanity - what a find!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how it's coming along! The window (don't know specific architectural name ha) over the nursery door is so unexpected and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You guys are beyond amazing - I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks so great, Jess! $100 vanity-you go girl! I LOVE the paint color in the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am always so impressed with the work yall have done on your house!! Looks great! You go girl on finding that vanity for $100!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The floors are AMAZING! The stair case is stunning! I can't wait to see the whole thing revealed. xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. That stair case is amazing! But let's be honest, your whole house is amazing! I fall in love with the charm every time you post pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I seriously cannot get over how much progress you guys are making! It looks amazing! And loving that bathroom tile... absolutely amazing. Score with that Craigs List find!!!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. It all looks amazing!! Your FIL is def brave- I wouldn't of done it!! Haha! I love the character of the wood stairs & doors, it's beautiful!! Home renos are certainly exhausting but so rewarding too!! Also, I cannot believe you scored that vanity for $100!! I look for all kinds of stuff on CL but, hadn't thought of that!! Must keep in mind when we go to do our bathrooms!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love seeing these progress pics! The bathroom is looking so good, that vanity was a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW what a score it was, indeed! Looks like you guys have your work cut out for you!! Hopefully it's not too stressful for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome Craiglist find!! The bathroom is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That plank idea is definitely scaary! lol. I love that bathroom color! It looks amazing! Great vanity find!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Everything looks so great! Great job on the ceilings! And that plank sure does look scary. Love the bathroom color :)

    ReplyDelete