Friday, November 21, 2014

Friday 5

Happy Friday! So pumped for next week's short week and that means we are that much closer to Thanksgiving ya'll! I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend and as for me?.... I'm DOING IT...as in....decorating for Christmas full force at the Otey household and I don't care at all that I am early this year- whew so excited!

Linking up today with the usual gang of pretty ladies: Christina, April, Darci, Natasha , Amanda over at Meet @ the Barre and Karli with September Farm - join in!



Need a cute idea for Thanksgiving dinner this year? (especially if you're hosting or have littles) Over at Dixie Delights, Amanda shared some fabulous Turkey Talk conversation starter cards to circulate at the table to learn more about the people you think you know best: FAMILY! These cards are downloadable in her Etsy shop and I just love them!


Ya'll know I adore J. Simp with all of my heart and this week she steals the award for my favorite look of the week! She was stunning at the Mockingjay Part 1 premiere! Gah- get it girl!


Speaking of Jess, all of these are being brought out just in time for the holiday season. Can we say it may be time for me to re-watch Newlyweds again? (I know I know, I'll never let go....ever)


My friend Radford sent me this earlier in the week and it is exactly what I need to jump start the bar cart styling in our dining room! (see it larger here)




Need a quick, easy and super good (maybe healthy?) recipe? I've added this one to my Thanksgiving menu next week and I can't wait! I'm modifying a little with my aunt but this is along the lines of what goes in it. Fresh Broccoli Salad



 photo signature_zps6045ff3e.png

27 comments:

  1. So I have the day off today and I think I'm going to pop some newlyweds in just to have something on in the background...just kidding i love it!! Oh that salad looks delicious!!! Hope you have a great weekend love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, broccoli has no place at Thanksgiving dinner...unless it's covered in cheese and bacon!! ;) Those Turkey Talk Cards are TOO CUTE! I may have to check them out for next year!!! Oh, bar carts...I have a whole board on Pinterest dedicated to the perfect one. I can't wait to see your finished product! (And, I can't wait for you to be able to enjoy it!!) :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use to love watching Nick and Jessica all the time… Love Jessica Simpson!! Happy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cards look so fun, such a great idea.

    I miss Jessica and Nick, they were so cute!!!!!

    That salad looks good...minus the broccoli, of course ;)! Happy weekend, sweet friend of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those cards are adorable! we did something similar for last thanksgiving and it was really neat :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That broccoli salad looks super yum! I might need to try that next week (or after) for lunches!
    Love that you now have a diagram for your bar cart haha. You're totally set!!
    Have a great weekend, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jessica does totally kill it with her Christmas albums! Have fun decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dannnggg Jessica is looking hot at that premier!! Get it girl!! And love her Christmas albums, totally rocking out to them this week! Have a great weekend lovely!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness Jessica Simpson looks flawless!! Those conversation starter cards are such a good idea, and I think if I made that broccoli salad NO-ONE in my (in laws) family would touch it. Haha. too healthy for them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fab J.Simpson look! And definitely a great recipe for the perfect bar cart! Hope you had a great weekend, girl!
    xo Southern Style

    ReplyDelete
  11. mmmm that salad looks like it would be right up my alley! happy weekend :)

    Justine
    www.lifeasabaltimoregirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for decorating this weekend! I'll be doing the same and I am so excited. Can't wait to see what you do in the new house! Jess looks awesome - love that look! That salad looks super yummy too...is it lunchtime yet? Have a fab weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. mmmm that salad looks SO good! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jessica Simpson's legs...I die! They're too good to be true! I'm putting up our Christmas tree and starting the whole Christmas decorating process this weekend too! Pretty excited about it...but it's kind of a lot of work! Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love love love the Turkey Talk idea!! So cute! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jessica Simpson's look is so beautiful! I have always wanted to style a bar cart. When you are done with yours, you should post it. :) Have a great weekend, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hehe I love Jessica Simpson too. I used to think she was the most beautiful person that ever walked the earth. lol. and my sister had a similar broccoli salad at her wedding -- it was seriously Delicious! Happy Friday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't deny my obsession with Jessica Simpson either, she really is perfect!!! Hope you guys have the best weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You just put me in the mood to watch Newleyweds! I still love it and won't let go of the series.... Ever!! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can you believe I've never seen Newleyweds?!?! That dress is gorgeous on her! Can't wait to see your decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I looooved Newlyweds and really want to get all Jess and Nick nostalgic now haha. Broccoli apple salad is so random but so good - great recipe rec! Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh fun! I've been wanting some of those table talk cards! And dang, Jess is looking good!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. My favorite Christmas album ever. I know we always comment about it to each other, but man I still miss mis some Newlyweds!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I used to love Newlyweds! She was so funny on it!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Mmmm. That salad looks yummy! Of course Jess always looks awesome! :) yay for putting up decorations this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love everything about this post! I'm tucking away that bar cart graphic for future reference. Jessica Simpson's Christmas albums are a couple of my favorites, and she totally killed it at that premiere this week. Have fun with your holiday decorating! Xo

    ReplyDelete