Friday, September 12, 2014

Friday Favorites

Hello lovelies and happy happy Friday! I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend planned! Me? I'm just going to take Miss Emma Jo and head out to Grandma and Grandpa's house (my parents) and probably stay the weekend!

It has been quite the transition week here in the Otey household. The hubs received a temporary transfer to Toledo, Ohio and won't be back until around December. Basically, he got the call on Saturday (right before our one year anniversary)  and had to be there (10 hour drive) by Tuesday morning at 9am. Now we knew this could have been coming and voluntarily applied because it is a fabulous opportunity $ wise with some other perks too but I guess I just didn't think he'd really get picked with so many applying. Ah! So anyway it's just myself and the pups holding down the fort for now. Luckily his Dad is coming over regularly and helping to finish the guestroom and guest bath before he comes back! We have never been apart more than about a week tops EVER so prayers would be nice for a safe return and quick in-between. My friends have been so fabulous and have really been keeping me company so far!

** I know it's weird to announce that I'll be alone but we are gun owners and trained with them so don't get any ideas people...there's neighborhood watchers, a fabulous community and town police, ADT and I watch Lifetime so bring it on. In the words of Jessica Lange:




Linking up again today with Amanda over at Meet @ the Barre and Karli with September Farm for today's Friday Fav's- join in!  



When the transfer happened one of my friends who is also married to a railroader showed me this and it absolutely made my day! When can the production team and camera crew get here? I'm ready!


Check out this double vanity hubs scored for the future kids' bathroom for only $100! Just needs some paint and hardware switch-out! (& it fit perfectly in the space)



So we all know by now my love for J. Simpson right? Right. Have ya'll read the new Glamour article she did on 5 vows she's making towards of loving marriage? Adore it.

Read the full article here



Don't forget to tune into ABC on Sunday at 8pm for the Miss America Pageant! I've got my top 10 and really pulling for VA this year bc she's from my hometown! This year's group of girls is so dang talented- the competition is fierce ya'll!!

More info on Miss America Organization here



Favorite Recipe:

Umm this pumpkin bread of course!


 photo signature_zps6045ff3e.png

32 comments:

  1. Aww good luck with the hubby being gone! It seems like a long time but it's really not! It will go by fast... hopefully! And that pumpkin chocolate chip bread... Omggggg! Happy Friday!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness! I miss your hub for you already!!!! Amazing $100 find. Woopwoop! And my next stop is reading that JSimp article. Thanks girlie! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, love your disclaimer about announcing your husband being away. Don't worry! December will be here before you know it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, too many good things in this post! Totally popping over to read the Jessica article...love her. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need that pumpkin bread ASAP! I also love Jessica and still watch Newlyweds. LOL. Her family is gorgeous!
    Health & Beauty: The Grass Skirt
    Mommy: The Mini Skirt

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are cracking me up with that message about your hubs being away! That is no fun though. I hope he gets to come home quickly! Have a great weekend lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love everything about your friday 5 and especially the warning message to anyone that might get some ideas lol!! I can't wait to watch Miss America!! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum for that pumpkin bread! I'll gave to bookmark for the the hubs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to read that JS article now, I love her too! So nice of your friends and family to keep you company while your hubby is out of town. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bummer about your hubby's transfer! Hopefully the time will go quick for y'all! When my hubs was transferred to AZ for about 7 months I took advantage of more free time by working out, baking, etc. and it took my mind off of missing him (only a little!). Plus facetime helps! Perfect time to make some of that pumpkin bread if you ask me :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. sorry to hear about your husband's transfer. hopefully all goes well with that. i love your list and that pumpkin bread just looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all things pumpkin! That bread looks incredible. I like JS too! I'll have to check out that article. The vanity is awesome. Can't wait to see what y'all do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. STOP it! I'm LOVING your five today! That pumpkin bread and that JS article! I am literally going to read it now! I understand the concern for privacy with the announcement! I will be thinking about you guys and hopefully the time flies! If anything, maybe you can travel to a new part of the country and explore with the hubs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww thinking of you while your husband is gone!! Love all of your security you've got going on, haha! And thank goodness you mentioned Miss America is on Sunday or I would have totally missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's hard when the hubbies are gone. Mine hasn't been gone for that long of a stretch, but he travels a lot and it can be hard. Luckily you don't have any little ones yet. :)
    Love J. Simps! She is fantastic. I just made pumpkin bread yesterday. Our house smelled so good! I'm so excited for fall.
    Have a great weekend Jessi!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! That vanity for $100?! It's cute and that's a great deal! So he's gone until December?! Holy cow! Will he be able to come home on weekends?? Love your comment about the guns :-p Good thinkin'!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I didn't realize what your husband did. Hope time flies for you! Lots of beauty/wine/reality tv nights will hopefully help too ;) Great find on the vanity! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a freaking fabulous find for $100 love it! love Jessica Simpson, off to read that article. I hope the time without hubby passes quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  19. 1. JESSICA SIMPSON IS SO HOT! I love that she is back! She inspires me! Great find on the vanity! Have a fabulous weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay for the hubs for getting picked, but hopefully the time goes by quickly for you. I couldn't imagine being away from Zack for that long, I'd miss him so much and I'd be so bored without him around every night!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hoping your time without the hubby goes quickly...that is tough but sounds like a great opportunity! Ahhh I love Jessica Simpson...so glad she has gotten herself back together (and I'm not even talking about the weight) because I loved her with Mr Lachey and loving her and her little family now! Have a great weekend =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aw, wish we lived closer, I'd keep you company with lots of girl time! And as fellow gun owners, love that haha! Have fun with your family this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stopping by from the link up to say hi! I really love your blog. That vanity was such a steal!! It looks great. I love the Miss American! I'll have have to remember to turn it on. Love Jessica Simpson too. Great article.

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love that quote from American Horror Story, can't wait for this next season! Pumpkin chocolate chip bread?? Omg!

    ReplyDelete
  25. good luck with the transition! praying that time goes by quickly :) you just need a good netflix show to binge watch these next few weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. SO excited for Miss America!! And I'll be praying for an easy trip and quick return for your hubby! And I'm not going to lie, you go girl with that first meme!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Aw honey, sorry you're going to be alone for a while. I hope all the perks are better than you expected and that the long distance isn't much of a challenge <3

    ReplyDelete
  28. I get how hard it is to be alone. My hubby is a med student so he's gone a ton. That vanity looks amazing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Being away from the hubs is hard! Ill definitely be praying! Also.. Hell ya about being proud and trained gun owners! You go girl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. That stinks about the transfer!! That's gotta be so hard but it isn't forever! I made banana pumpkin bread last fall and it was delish! Anything pumpkin is yummy to me! Hope you're have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Totally catching up on your life here... Lol. That's a bummer about the hubs but I'm sure it will be worth it's since it's only temporary! I love your disclaimer about guns and adt and lifetime. Lol! I know the feeling because I live alone M-F and it sucks! It's nice of your FIL to come help out! What a score on that vanity tho!

    ReplyDelete