Monday, August 18, 2014

Weekending + House Update

Hey ya'll and happy Monday! I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! I have now entered another school year and summer seems officially over... International Student Orientation starts this week for us at work with all students back next week and Seth and I also have 2 back to back weddings, one of which I'm helping to plan and running the rehearsal on Friday. Whew, here we go!

I know I haven't done a house update in quite sometime but we have now officially finished the first floor and I am blown away with my husband. I'm tellin' ya'll- he could go into this full time for sure! So as we move on to the second floor (guest room and bath, future kids rooms and bath and office + sitting lounge landing) I'd like to share the first floor progress! Of course I still want to pick up little odds and ends but without further ado, here is a little update:

ps- ya'll remember my never-ending entry-way table search? (Biana, you will!) This table was the perfect height and length (because of the radiator it had to be shorter in width) and it was antique to match the time frame of the house, perfect wood color, good storage ANNND it was FREE as in found it in my parents' barn ya'll! It has been there since I was in high school I'm sure and when Tiff was down the other weekend we took it out, cleaned it up and brought it on home. SCORE! 

Linking up with the lovely Biana @ B Loved Boston for Weekending









New chandelier up! What do ya'll think?








Won't that bar cart look great under my portrait in this little wall nook? :)

I need a little black and white ottoman/foot stool in that vanity nook still!




Hey toilet...



So of course while I'm cleaning and trying to stage, Hubby is still scraping away on the front porch ya'll so we can get her back to her former glory! 

 And then Emma invited a random friend over for an hour or so and it was hilariously cute - no idea who her friend was but she was lovin' the interaction....



  photo signature_zps6045ff3e.png

30 comments:

  1. Love all the house photos!! I spy a beautiful monogram in that first photo - LOVE IT!! I can't believe after all the searching the perfect purchase wasn't even a purchase - score indeed!! Love your bathroom - i mean I love your whole house!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The architectural detail in your house is stunning!! Such a score for your entry way from your parents house!! I love free furniture :) The chandelier is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, everything looks fabulous! I love the chandelier and the antique table!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's coming together beautifully! I love the extra (subtle) detail on the stairs! Ours are carpeted and I'd love to rip it off and add something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh, so amazing. i am loving everything. that chandelier is gorgeous, and the bathroom vanity is perfect. and that bar cart would look perfect under your portrait. i am in love with the whole house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Love the chandy and I am dying over your master bath. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your house, as always, is gorgeous! Glad you were able to find an entry table & didn't need to build one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love how this house of yours is coming together--the pops of blue are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have the most beautiful house! I love all of the architectural detailing and how open/spacious it is! And that bathroom... I die. Big props to your husband!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks great! Your bathroom is gorgeous and that chandelier is to die for!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your house is looking amazing girl! LOVE that bathroom and the chandelier is perfect!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I work for a university and students moved back this past weekend and now the whole campus is crazy again...boo!! Love all y'all have done! The chanadiler looks fabulous and that bathroom! I agree that your hubs could totally do this professionally!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all the updates! I looks great! Such a big house oh my goodness! That entry way table is a perfect find! And the chandelier looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your house looks gorgeous! I love the bathroom and the new chandelier!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!!!!! I can't even begin to tell you how impressed I am!! (Love hearing you boast on your hubby by the way! :) As you should, he is doing a phenomenal job!!!) Swooning over your gorgeous chandelier! How AMAZING that you found a table that was the perfect height, length, time period, color, and FREE!!! SERIOUS score!! Doing a happy dance for ya, sweet friend and LOVING every bit of your gorgeous home!!! Seriously stunning update! I'll be praying for you as your everyday life gets even busier now!! Loves!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks soooo good Jessi! That bathroom is amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The first floor turned out amazing! Your house has so much charm!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a great job on the first floor - everything looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely stunning!! Love all that woodwork! So beautiful! I agree, that bar cart needs to be in your house!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The house is looking GORGEOUS!!! The bathroom is stunning and the piece in the hallway is so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I want that chandelier. In my teeny tiny apt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love that first floor! You guys are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The place is looking great!! I especially love the bathroom- it looks so light & airy. And I agree with you about the bar cart… I want one too!! But there is a little lack of space so it will have to wait. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOOOOVE! I feel like I'm watching one of those house makeover shows! :-p I absolutely love your house, Jessi. You and your hubby have done an amazing job! Love the bathroom a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your vase with flowers with them on the vanity! I want to do something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! Your house looks absolutely amazing. I love the charming and classical feels of the furniture and the decor. Kudos to your wonderful husband for a job well done! My favorite piece in the first floor would have to be that chandelier and my favorite room would be the dining. Anyway, thank you so much for sharing that lovely update. I hope your other projects meet equal, if not greater success!

    Naomi Walters @ Chicora

    ReplyDelete