Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Obsessions: Pillows

For some reason I have developed a serious obsession for throw pillows lately. I had so many old pillows from our previous home that I didn't want to throw out (bc I'm a borderline hoarder) so I've decided to just get new covers for them all. Etsy has been my absolute go-to place for everything pillow related. Sometimes (just sometimes) I'll find that I've been browsing styles for over an hour ya'll! There's so many choices! The prices are great too- just make sure you already have the insert (old pillow) measure the sides and you can even order custom ones.

For our living room pillows we ordered custom sizes from PilloMatic on Etsy and their customer service was through the roof! She even sent me an extra cover and extra lumbar cover bc she didn't quite like where the pattern was cut (I couldn't tell) and her hand-written note said "just in case of a wine spill keep these extras too" (how did she know I was a living room wino??) I'm now looking for some to go on our custom kitchen bench cushion to brighten up the space. We ordered window bench seating cushions and they were definitely more turquoise than they seemed on the computer screen so we are deciding how to cover them....ugh no returns since they were specific measurements. I'll have to take a pic once I get home! Anyway, here are some of my favorites so far:

For our living room we ordered the Madison and the Susanna covers from Pillomatic

We lucked out bc the couch came with these pillows that we used for the inserts!

not where are couches are now haha but the living room wasn't done

More great Etsy Favorites I'm loving for other spaces:

Monogram metallic pillow covers



Polka dots over burlap


 
Waverly Palace Pillow


Pink Ikat (Mara Hoffman Style) pillow


Watercolor Scene pillow (love this)



I seriously could keep going on this post.... like all day






 photo signature_zps6045ff3e.png

27 comments:

  1. My sister and I are OBSESSED with throw pillows. I think our Mom passed that down to us...it's crazy how they can change a piece of furniture in an instance! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I am in love with the Susanna pillow you picked out - seriously so cute! I have been browsing Etsy for pillow covers too, in search of some cute French-looking pillows to go out on my patio with my Eiffel Tower looking chairs... I am so stinking excited to see your beautiful home coming together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've found some fabulous ones! My problem is picking out the fabric without actually seeing it in my room! Indecisive, much??? Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your new and improved pillows for your couch. I have the shower curtain of the Ikat print third-up from the comments ha. Love it as a pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and I (and Hope and my mama, as she mentioned above...!) both, girl! I miiiiiiight have just gotten back from picking up freshly monogrammed throw pillow covers?!?! EEEEEEEK! TRUTH.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love. Them. All!! I have a weakness for pillows, and always want new ones!!! I'm going to check those Etsy shops out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am also guilty of spending hours looking at pillow covers on Etsy! haha. I really need some new ones too. Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What awesome customer service!! I am going to check some of these out, really liking the metallic prints!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally have an obsession with pillows! I'm dying over those gold monogrammed ones! And the ikat ones are gorgeous!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love burlap polka dot one! All of those are adorable! That's a great idea though I did just buy some from Target. Yours look great on your couches!! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE them! I am obsessing over those monogram metallic covers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the pillows you picked! Etsy is such a great resource for pillow covers. I have an obsession with throw pillows that drives my husband nuts, I'm constantly moving pillows all over my house.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Time out... Etsy has pillows?!?! How did I never think of this?? Pillows and rugs are my newest obsession. I seriously cant get enough. Monogram metallic... GENIUS! Thanks to your I'll be spending the next few hours on Etsy :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the pillows that you went with!! The monogrammed etsy ones are pretty much the best thing i've seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The ones you ordered look great!! I get sucked into the throw pillow department at places like TJ Maxx, but then I remember who in our house uses the current ones the most... Miss Bella. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are all super cute! Love the Mara Hoffman style one. I have a couple of old pillows I was going to toss because they're faded and I never even thought of pillow covers - genius!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow you couldn't have picked a better color choice to go with the color of your couches!! It looks perfect!! Love all of your other favorites too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have such boring pillows on my couch; you have inspired me! I never even thought of etsy. Now I'll be wasting away my evening oogling all the options!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a great idea to add color to a room. Im a hoarder too so I totally understand LOL

    Kristen @ Your Beauty Fix

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes to all of them! 2 of each please!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so glad someone else has my pillow obsession! My boyfriend can't stand it and doesn't get it. I have this issue with blankets too :) ha ha. I'm loving this Mara Hoffman style, it's summer- why not brighten things up!

    xo, Megan Ann

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm a pillow addict too! I love that ikat Mara Hoffman-esque one! One of my favorite Etsy shops for pillows is WhitlockandCo!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I feel like a goofball because I've been wanting new pillows for our couch for months but cringed at the price of new pillows and how many I would need/want. Uh, hello!!! Just cover the old ones. Thank you for that realization! Also, where did you order your custom bench pad/cover from?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your pillows! I need some new ones in a bad way and I love your picks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh my goodness...love all these choices! The ones on your couch look fabulous. why did I not think of using the pillows that came with our couch as inserts??? DUH! The monogram and polka dots ones are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is the first time i am reading your post and admire that you posted article which gives users lot of information regarding particular topic thanks for this share.ikat throw pillows

    ReplyDelete